Bed and Breakfast Hotels
Bed & breakfast is a unique concept that is quite popular in western countries. It is in fact a major aspect of the hospitality business and is now taking its roots in India as well, especially in New Delhi.
The idea of bed and breakfast in New Delhi is a fast taking shape. Bed & breakfast hotels are typically guest houses and usually many people use their own houses to setup bed & breakfast business. Here separate rooms can be given on rent for individuals or customers for a small period of time. The rent usually involves the cost of breakfast that is provided as a part of the accommodation.
A typical bed and breakfast in Delhi can be visualized as a small lodge type establishment that offers accommodation on short-term basis like overnight or a few days. Breakfast is a vital part of the accommodation, but usually does not offer other time meals. Typically, bed and breakfasts are private homes with fewer than 10 bedrooms available for commercial use. All of the Bed and breakfast hotels, New Delhi basically provide accommodation services along with complimentary breakfast as part of the package.
The concept of Bed and breakfast hotel Delhi is becoming now quite popular among students, tourists and even business travellers who are mostly on a flying visit to the city. The main reason for the growing popularity of bed and breakfast hotels Delhi, is the fact that this has been proved to be quite cost-effective for most of the travellers.
The advent of commonwealth games 2010 has led the government to standardize policies & regulations to successfully run the bed and breakfast in New Delhi & adjoining NCR region. This concept has been initiated by Delhi Government in lieu of the commonwealth games where a large number of tourists and travellers are expected and will be looking for a cheaper accommodation for this short-term visit. This step is a rising opportunity for Delhi & NCR residents to venture into the business of bed and breakfast in Delhi in collaboration with the commonwealth committee.
As a result, lot of there has been a fast growth of idea of a bed and breakfast hotel. New Delhi is also expecting to have a great response during the commonwealth season. The best part is that, this initiative will enable the expansion of the bed & breakfast concept for a long time to come even after the Commonwealth Games 2010 ends.
Any individual can venture into this concept & successfully run a bed and breakfast hotel in Delhi by making sure certain conditions are met. If the property has a minimum of 4 rooms and the area where the property is located is not highly populated, you can consider to start a bed & breakfast hotel. You need to file an application with the Delhi Government authorities if you wish to rent your property as a Bed and breakfast hotel or facility.
Talking about the accommodation at Bed and breakfast hotels, Delhi has large number of residences that have ample of rooms and conveniently located at ideal places where there is optimum population. The owners of these residences can consider taking part in the bed & breakfast concept, by turning a part of their residential setting into lodging. In fact many property owners who have multiple properties can turn one of them into a proper running bed and breakfast hotel. Delhi being a prosperous city has lot of scope for it.
There are many bed and breakfast hotels in New Delhi that have flourished since the inception of the concept and are fast growing in popularity:
• Ananda Bed and Breakfast – East Patel Nagar - This is a popular bed & breakfast hotel, New Delhi. The hotel is located in quite vicinity to C.P and therefore offers easy accessibility to this commercial hub. Some of the salient features include A/C accommodation, attached bathrooms with heater facility etc.
• Asian Guest Home – Connaught Place - This bed & breakfast hotel, New Delhi is fast growing popularity, all thanks to its ideal location in the business centre of the city. This hotel offers some exclusive facilities for business tourists like telephone, wi-fi connection etc.
• Bajaj Indian Home Stay - Karol Bagh - One of the leading bed & breakfast hotels, New Delhi – this hotel offers comfortable accommodation and in-house facilities including air-condition/heater equipment, 24 hrs rooms service etc.
• Bed and Breakfast - Maharani Bagh - This is yet again a popularly growing bed & breakfast in Delhi. The hotel offers a typical home-stay kind of accommodation with additional attractive amenities.
• Comfort Home-stay - A firm that is involved in exclusively offering home-stay kind of accommodation services to its clients all over Delhi. This firm particularly specializes in Bed and breakfast in New Delhi.
• Master Guest House – New Rajinder Nagar - This is a typical bed and breakfast in Delhi in real sense. This is a mansion like house that has four spacious rooms and are being offered to guests with all essential facilities.
• New Delhi Bed and Breakfast – Vasant Kunj - South Delhi’s leading bed and breakfast hotels offering luxurious & comfortable accommodation to its guests.
• Orchid Retreat – Jangpura Extn - An ideal home-stay kind of bed and breakfast hotel, New Delhi that offers complete essential & modern amenities to ensure a pleasant stay.
Most of the above bed and breakfast hotels in Delhi offer complementary airport pickup and cab facilities to its guests. With more & more tourists expected to turn up for the commonwealth games in the city, the bed and breakfast in New Delhi is growing as a popular concept and has been successfully launched throughout the city. With already many bed and breakfast hotels mushrooming in the city, this trend will be hopefully seen taking shape across other parts of the country in the near future. The bed & breakfast concept definitely seems to be promising and will another feather to the cap, as it can be seen as a potential revenue generator for the overall hospitality sector not only in the capital but also in other major cities of the country in coming years.